It happens once every few months. I get the scrapbook blues. My mind becomes distracted with other hobbies, my family or work and my scrapbooking suffers. Then it takes all that’s in me to pull myself out of the slump and get to scrapping again. Here are a few ways that I’ve found gets my scrapbooking mojo back again.
1) Print up some fresh new photos from your stash. With all the hundreds of digital photos I take during the year, I’ve found that I’ll often miss a few real gems. So when I’m feeling uninspired, I’ll scroll through my photo folders and find some photos I’ve missed to print out. These new photos really reinvigorate my scrapbooking.
2) Buy yourself a new tool or some new supplies. New scrapbooking supplies always get me in the mood to scrap. A new trimmer or craft knife or some new papers or embellishments can really increase my motivation.
3) Go to a crop. Scrapbooking with others is a great way to get back into the groove. Being complimented and supported by other scrappers is a wonderful way to get your confidence back when it’s drooping.
4) Look through some of your completed scrapbooks. When I am feeling totally uninspired, I’ll flip through my scrapbooks. Looking at my completed layouts will stimulate my ideas and boost my enthusiasm to get into my scrap space and be creative.
5) Surf the Internet. There are so many amazing scrapbooking websites, almost too many to visit. Whenever I’m feeling less than creative I’ll turn to the Internet for some enticement to complete a page or two.
Here are a few of my most favorite “go to” websites.
1) ScrapJazz Gallery and Forums at http://www.scrapjazz.com/
2) Laura from The Paper Trail at followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com/
3) Bona from Keep on Scrappin’ at www.keeponscrappin.blogspot.com/
4) YouTube search scrapbooking at http://www.youtube.com/